Let me start by apologising in advance for this post - or rather for this lack of post.
So that was my idea. I was going to write a really clever and funny and witty post about how no matter whether you're a pantser or a plotter (or a plontser - and no you can't use that term - it's mine), the likelihood is that if you're a true writer, than you're really a procrastinator. I know I am. Procrastination is my middle name. Well actually it's David, but they share a couple of the same letters. I once even wrote a comedy sketch about a super hero who's always procrastinating - Procrasto-Man. He never gets around to saving the day, but to the people of Slotham City, he's a true hero.
So what can I say? I honestly did have good intentions. This was going to be such a great post. There are a bunch of reasons why I didn't end up doing it:
- Work has been really crazy busy and it's been hard to find time to think
- I've actually been slightly unwell this week. Ok, it was really just a bit of a head cold but you know how that can slow you down
- It was my daughter's birthday this week and we had the whole family over - and you know what it's like when family come over
- My team (Collingwood - the Mighty Magpies) had a great win in the football (over Geelong - the defending champions) so I was pretty excited by that for a while
- I actually managed to get some work done on my next book - I even got a second draft completed.
Have a great week - if you manage to get around to it.